Annual SVM Open House
The LSU School of Veterinary Medicine Open House is an annual tradition held in February. Open House is an opportunity for everyone in the family to explore the world of veterinary medicine and the latest developments in animal health care, welfare, and research. Our self-guided tour allows you to experience the future of veterinary medicine, featuring: "Teddy Bear Repair", Raptor Rehabilitation, Hildy, the Fistulated Cow, Parade of Breeds, Petting Zoo, Endoscopy Fishing Station, Exotic Pets, Equine Treadmill, Mike VI (LSU's Live Tiger Mascot), and much more! For more information, please contact the LSU SVM Office of Public Relations at 225-578-9900 or email@example.com or visit www.vetmed.lsu.edu/open_house.htm.
Tours of the SVM
Students interested in applying to the DVM program are strongly encouraged to visit the SVM during the Open House at which time prospective applicants will have the opportunity to not only see a great deal of the school and clinic, but also to meet many of our current students and faculty members throughout the self-guided tour. Open house visitors can take their time walking through the self-guided tour and along the way receive presentations from our students on every aspect of the clinic.
If prospective students are unable to visit the SVM during the Open House, guided tours are available during the year and are led by our veterinary students. You will see the facilities, students at work in the classroom and clinic. All tours must be scheduled a minimum of 5 business days in advance via the Tour Scheduler below.
NOTE - The Tour Scheduler is only available for prospective students (undergraduate and post graduate, high school juniors and seniors, and professionals).
If you are not a prospective student and would like to request a tour for your group, you must contact Ms. Ginger Guttner, SVM Public Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The group must consist of no more than 15 people, and children should be at least age 12.
Rules regarding tours of the SVM: (please read carefully)
1. Please submit your request at least 5 working days prior to the requested tour date.
2. There is a maximum of 10 people total per tour for prospective students and 15 for tours with our Public Relations Coordinator. If a tour group size goes beyond this maximum, your tour may have to be rescheduled. First preference is given to prospective students at the undergraduate/graduate/professional level, then high school. Tour participants who schedule a tour through Undergraduate Admissions to visit LSU's main campus must still schedule a tour with the SVM using the above Tour Scheduler.
3. Photographs are not allowed during tours. This policy is to promote the safety and privacy of students, faculty, staff, clients, and visitors.
4. Student-guided tours through the SVM Student Affairs Office are only provided for prospective students (undergraduate and post graduate, high school juniors and seniors, and professionals) and must be scheduled ahead of time using the Tour Scheduler. Student-guided tours are not provided for elementary-age children and visitors younger that the high school junior level. These visitors are encouraged to visit the School during the SVM Open House where there are more ageappropriate activities and demonstrations for these visitors. Please contact the SVM Public Relations Coordinator, Ms. Ginger Guttner (email@example.com) for more information.
5. Tours begin promptly at the scheduled time. Tour participants are encouraged to arrive at the front desk of the SVM at least 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time. If you are unable to make your scheduled tour, please call Mr. Jared Granier (225-578-9537) to let us know that you will not be coming.